My Top 5 Women in Sci-Fi flicks of yesteryear
(films 25 years and older)
5) Space Vampire – Lifeforce (1985) – Mathilda May
She’s deadly, but what a way to go. She walks around naked through most of the film.
4) Ellen – It Came from Outer Space (1953) – Barbara Rush
Babara’s innocent, natural beauty struck me even as a young lad.
3) Lisa – Weird Science (1985) – Kelly LeBroch
Two high school nerds create the perfect fantasy woman. What teenage boy didn’t want to be them?
2) Kay – Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954) – Julie Adams
Growing up watching all those 50’s sci-fi/horror flicks on TV, this film had to be the first time I noticed a beautiful woman in a bathing suit.
1) Nova – Planet of the Apes/Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1968) – Linda Harrison
Stuck on a planet ruled by apes? Linda Harrison’s, Nova, made it all bearable.
Jessica – Logan’s Run (1976) – Jennifer Agutter
Yeah, this film had one of Charlie’s Angels in it, but it was the wide-eyed charm of Jennifer Agutter that kept me watching.
I didn’t include dinosaur or fantasy films; I will have a separate post for that genre.